Q: Do I need to make an appointment?
A: Yes! Please schedule an audition appointment with email@example.com. General auditions are on August 29 & 30, 2012. Time-6:00pm-9:00pm at Seney Stovall Chapel – 201 North Milledge Avenue Athens, GA. Auditions are open to ages 9 and up! The best way to keep up to date about our auditions is to sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Q: Does Rose of Athens Theatre, Inc. do musicals?
A: We commission composers who create music and perform for almost all of our productions. (For instance, Marty Winkler composed all the music for Alice in Wonderland). We integrate live music and dance/movement into many of our productions, so we like to know how you move and if you can carry a tune. Also, if you play an instrument, bring it to the audition and show us!
Q: When will I know if I get a part and will I be contacted if I am going to be considered for any roles this season?
A: Casting is ongoing at Rose of Athens Theatre. Attending season auditions lets us know that you are interested/available this season, and RoA will contact you if you are being considered for a production throughout the season.
Q: Are there callbacks?
A: There may be callbacks and production-specific additional auditions, as needed.
Q: What are you looking for?
A: We are looking for talented collaborators, who are hard working and have a commitment to the craft of theater. We cast equity, non-equity and youth.
Q: Is everyone going to see me audition?
A: No. For our general auditions, we bring in those auditioning, one at a time, for a one-on-one audition.
Q: What is a rehearsal process like with Rose of Athens Theatre?
A: Most rehearsals last three hours and end before 9:00pm. The rehearsal period can be anywhere from 2 1/2 weeks to 6 weeks depending on the production. For the most part, not every actor in a production is called every rehearsal. Here is the basic breakdown for the 2012/2013 season:
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream TOUR will begin rehearsals in September 2012.
- A Christmas Carol begins rehearsals in November 2012.
- To Kill A Mockingbird begins rehearsals in January 2013.
- Ramona Quimby begins rehearsals in March 2013.
- The Tempest-Shakesepare on the Lawn begins rehearsals in May 2013.
AUDITIONS & CALLBACK ANNOUNCEMENT
- 2nd Round Auditions & Callbacks: The Tempest - Auditions will be held Wednesday March 20 6:00 pm-9:00 pm. To sign up for an audition appointment or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. Callbacks will be held Thursday March 21 6:00 pm-9:00 pm and are by invitation only.